“The name of this recipe is so catchy I almost want to write a song about it. It would probably go something like… ‘hey everybody have you seen my balls, they’re big and nutty and brown.’ If you haven’t worked out that I’m joking yet then probably just close your browser window, turn off your computer and smash your head against the nearest solid object… Just kidding, it’s a jungle out there“
|Serving size : 1 Ball|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Skill Level: Beginner
Servings: 6 Balls (I know there are 4 in the picture, just go with me here)
- 500g Pitted Dates
- 3 tbsp. Cacao Powder
- 150g LSA Mix **(or any other nut meal)
- 2 tbsp. Desiccated Coconut
**For those blissfully unaware, LSA is linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds all blended together. Delicious AND nutritious, you’ll find it in the health food isle of most shops**
- Soak dates in hot water for 20-30mins (or until softened).
- Put the dates into a food processor and whizz them until they are a thick paste.
- Add the cacao powder, LSA and coconut and give it all another quick whizz.
- Now if you want to get extra fancy here you can add more LSA, coconut, cacao or other little additions (some people like to add essences like peppermint).
- Once all mixed, probably in a bowl, put it in the fridge to cool down a little, the dates will still be warm.
- Once cool enough to handle just roll them out and give them a light dusting of coconut or LSA.