This program is great for people new to lifting weights. Most of the exercises are relatively simple movements and you don’t need a lot of fancy equipment. Most importantly take your time and don’t start trying to lift too heavy, too fast. I know you aren’t going to listen but when you look back on this in the future you will wish you had.
|Wide Grip Chin-Ups||3||10|
|Dumbbell Bent Over Row||3||10|
|Incline Dumbbell Press||5||8-10|
|Standing Dumbell Press||3||10|
|Front or Back Squat||5||8-10|
|Straight Leg Deadlift||3||10|
- Split this up over the week so you give your body time to recover. I suggest Mon/Tue/Thurs or Mon/Wed/Fri.
- If you are trying to gain muscle/size forget about heavy weight. Lifting heavy weights with bad form is a complete waste of time. Use weights you can maintain correct form all the way to the last rep.
- Slow down each rep. Aim for 2-4 seconds on the way down and 2-4 seconds on the way up with little to no pause in between each rep.
- Rest for 1-2 minutes between sets.
- If you don’t know how to do these movements I recommend booking a session with a trainer. It will save you time and injury.
- Be careful what you read/see online…there is a lot of bad advice online 😉