“How good does this look. I was scrolling through my instagram feed and immediately asked Allie for the recipe. Awesome vegetarian disk from a Sunday morning or anytime really…I’m going to have it for dinner tonight 🙂“
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 chopped Brown Onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1/4 cup Vegatable Broth
- 1/2 cup Refried Beans
- 1 cup diced Tomatoes
- 4 Tortillas
- 1/2 cup Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Avocado or Guacamole
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano, Salt, Pepper and Chipotle
- 1 tsp. Cilantro for topping (that’s Coriander over here in Aus)
- Preheat oven 375° F (190° C) and place skillets in oven to heat.
- In saucepan on medium heat, add oil, chopped onions, garlic, oregano, chipotle, salt, pepper and let simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes/vegetable broth and cook for 3-4 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
- In another small saucepan heat the refried beans stirring continuously until smooth.
- Remove skillets from oven; lay 2 tortillas in skillet and evenly spread refried beans on tortillas. Then distribute the tomato sauce between the two skillets on the bean layer. Make a small well in the center of sauce to hold the egg. Add half of the cheese to each skillet. Carefully crack 1 egg into well on each skillet. Place in oven for 10 minutes or until egg is opaque.
- Remove skillets and add remaining cheese to each skillet and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until egg is browned.
- Remove skillets from oven and top with guacamole/avocado and garnish with cilantro. Skillets will be very hot so let cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy.
083 - Huevos Rancheros