“I love hot chips… like really, really love hot chippies. But to avoid a big summer blow out, sweet potato fries are an excellent alternative. The most annoying part of this recipe is cutting up the potatoes into little chip shapes – it’s time consuming and I am also a perfectionist so if I don’t like the shape of the chip, it won’t make the cut. But the labour is definitely worth it when you get to smash down a whole bunch of chippies with less guilt!“
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 1 large Sweet Potato
- Olive Oil
- Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200◦C.
- Peel sweet potato and cut up into chip shapes.
- Place chips on baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip the chips over.
- Cook for another 15-25 minutes or until crunchy looking (cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of chips).
- If you have been a bit heavy handed with the oil, place chips on paper towel for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy the chippies!