“If you’ve tried the JRE Hulk Shakes you’ll know that blending the whole fruit/vegetable in a blender stops wastage, but makes for a very ‘thick’ shake. This one is no different. I basically just had a heap of leftovers in the fruit bowl and fridge and threw everything in together to see what happened…the result was actually pretty good! Tasty, and full of all the whole fruit goodness! Add vodka to this and you’d really be on to a winner…maybe”
|Serving size : 1 Shake|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Skill Level: Beginner
Servings: 1 Medium Juice
A word of warning, ideally you should stick to water and try not ‘drink your calories’. It’s easy to think that because something contains fruit it will be ‘healthy’ but there is still a pretty high amount of sugar in this juice. While not the end of the world, you should still have this sparingly…fructose is better than processed sugar from soft drink, but it can still make ya fat!
- 1 Small Apple (about 45g)
- 1 Trimmed Celery Stick (30g)
- 1 Carrot (50g)
- Handful of Baby Spinach (30g)
- 40g Beetroot
- 1 Lump of Ginger (5g)
- 200ml Water (or coconut water if you are so inclined)
Tip – Substitute in a serve of Dirty Doctor’s Magical Elixir and save time cutting up ginger.
- Put everything into the blender. Not all blenders are created equal, if you can’t fit it all in, you might have to do it in stages (that’s what she said).
- Blend and serve.