“Apparently, calling something Moroccan because it sounds good (because I’m not Moroccan) is ‘racist’ ‘childish’ and ‘damn well belligerent’ according to Matthew.. So this is my non-culturally specific version of a Moroccan cous cous dish which I dreamt up the other day, and was accidentally vegan! Fun fact: Cous cous is sneakily good for you, it may seem simple but actually contains heaps of trace nutrients that your body needs. Who knew?!”
|Serving size : 1 1/2 Cups approx.|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Skill Level: Intermediate
Servings: 3-4 Depending how hungry they are
- 1 Cup Pearl Cous Cous
- 1 Cup of Stock (Chicken/Beef/Veg)
- 1 1/2 Cups Water (if you’re feeling fancy add a splash of white wine)
- 1 Cup Frozen Minted Peas
- 1 Cup of Diced Red Capsicum
- 1 Cucumber Diced
- 1/2 A Fresh Lime
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Put the water and stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- While you’re waiting, dice up the cucumber and capsicum.
- Once the liquid is boiling pour the dry cous cous into it, turn off the heat and put the lid on. It will take about 10 minutes to absorb it all.
- Once all the liquid has been soaked up leave the cous cous to cool, pour the olive oil into it and mix/stir with a fork so it all separates and looks fluffy.
- Once cool mix the peas, capsicum and cucumber into it and squeeze the lime over the lot.
- Serve and enjoy!