“Frequently when you mention boiled/spiced/pickled eggs to people you get a strange reaction. And I don’t understand why… most people like eggs, and everyone loves things that are pickled (in my experience.) So what is the big issue!? Even if you don’t pickle them, boiled eggs are a great snack on the go, and so so easy to make.”
|Serving size : 1 egg|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Skill Level: Beginner
- 1/2 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Malt Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Water
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Salt & Pepper
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
**Disclaimer – This recipe isn’t actually super secret, and nobody calls me Uncle Jim at this point… But there will likely be more spiced/pickled recipes from me in the future, and they will follow the same rhyme scheme. **
- Pre boil a pot of water and put the eggs into it for 7 minutes..
- Remove the eggs and put into cool water. Once cool enough to touch peel the shells off.
- Put all the other ingredients into a small pan and simmer. If you don’t have 3 types of vinegar or can’t be bothered using 3 types, just pick 1 and see how it goes.. (Send me photos also).
- Pour the hot mixture into 2 large jam jars (or similar sealable container) Put the eggs into the mixture, seal, and leave for a few days to pickle. They are good to eat after a day or 2, I put the container in the fridge and they keep for weeks. Boom – eggcellent!.