“Mexican is one of my absolute favourite…cuisines? Cultures? Call it what you will, they make incredible food and I recently realised that I eat it a lot. Burritos can go either way for me, they can be a 1 hour labour of love, or in this case, a 20 minute quick and easy dinner…”
|Serving size : 2 Burritos|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Skill Level: Beginner
Servings: 4 (2 Burritos each)
- 500g Lean Beef Mince
- 400g Tin Four Bean Mix
- 400g Tin of Crushed Tomato
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Brown Onion
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce
- 15 Cherry Tomatoes
- 160g Cheese
- Diced Jalapenos
- Paprika, Salt/Pepper, Chilli, Cumin Powder, Oregano to taste
- OK so this is all about bing bang boom fast dinner, crush the garlic and dice the onion and throw into a pan.
- Put some paprika/S&P/chilli etc in and once the onion starts to go clear add the mince.
- Stir it all round until the mince is going brown (I usually add some more spices here as well).
- Pour in the tins of beans and tomato, stir and leave to simmer.
- Chop up your cherry tomatoes, jalapenos and grate your cheese.
- Separate the lettuce leaves so that you have 8 lettuce cups.
- Once the meat/bean mixture has simmered for a little while put a spoonful into the lettuce leaf and build your burrito from there!
- I put a drizzle of sour cream on mine (pictured) and you can add corn/avocado etc etc..