“Dazzle and amaze even the fussiest of guests with this delicious meal. Not only will you get a laugh out of people when you tell them its called the Horn ‘n’ Prawn, you will also seem like you know your way around the kitchen, being able to master the holy grail of steak meals. TIP: Good meal to impress possible mating candidates (not confirmed).”
|Serving size: 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 3 Porterhouse Steaks (roughly 220g each)
- 15 Prawns
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic (dealers choice)
- 125ml Thickened Cream
- 20g Butter
- 1 cup Chicken Stock (or vege…or whatever is in the cupboard)
- 200g Green Leaves (I use baby spinach & rocket)
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- 1 Avocado
- There are a few things going on with this meal, so if you’re doing it by yourself this is probably the best order to do it in.
- Prepare the prawns, if you bought them whole just de-head them and peel them, crush the garlic cloves and put them in a bowl with a splash of olive oil so the flavours start infusing and put to one side.
- Prepare the salad… Pretty self explanatory (for those still unsure its the bottom 6 ingredients). Just cut everything up and put it in a salad bowl – if this is too much maybe try a beginner recipe.
- Go outside and turn the BBQ on.
- While the BBQ is getting warm, melt the butter in a pan (you can add a little extra garlic here if you like) and pour in the stock. Once it starts to bubble turn the heat down and add the cream and prawns, simmer over a low heat.
- Race back outside and throw the steaks on the BBQ.
- You’ll need to monitor the steak and the prawns, if you like you can add a little flour the the prawns to thicken the cream, we didn’t because Matt is a carbohydrate Nazi (and he didn’t have an flour).
- The prawns and steak should both cook in about the same time 7-10 mins, once ready plate up, put 5 prawns on the top of your steak with a couple spoonfuls of juice and voila! Horn & Prawn!