“It’s not all that often I make things that are for my veggo mates, and I have been known to poke just a little bit of fun in their direction from time to time…even if they do have some valid points. But whats the point in being friends with a vegan if you’re not going to at least make a little fun of them? The cheese is the only thing in the recipe that makes it non-vegan so you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to work out to make it vegan…”
|Serving size : 1 Mushroom|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Skill Level: Beginner (easy for those low on protein)
Servings: 1 or 2 – can be an accompaniment or a meal
- 100g Sweet Potato
- 100g Red Onion (roughly 1 medium sized one)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 100g Red Capsicum
- 40g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 16 Bocconcini Balls (roughly 85g)
- 50g of green leaves – lettuce/baby spinach/rocket – go wild
- 2 Dirty Big Mushrooms
- Chilli Powder, Paprika, Salt & Pepper to taste
So if you look at the picture for this one I’m pretty sure most people can work out the required steps, but here you are anyway..
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Dice the sweet potato, capsicum, red onion, green leaves and garlic.
Heat a small frying pan, first add the garlic and whatever spices you like, then throw all the diced veg into it for 5 minutes to soften.
Tear the bocconcini balls in half and add to the mix (turn the heat off now).
Take the stems out of the mushrooms and put them upside down in an oven tray.
- Spoon the vege/cheese mix evenly into the 2 mushrooms.
- Bake them for 10 minutes, then add the cheddar cheese to each one for the last 5 minutes to melt.