“It’s not all that often I make things that are for my veggo mates, and I have been known to poke just a little bit of fun in their direction from time to time…even if they do have some valid points. But whats the point in being friends with a vegan if you’re not going to at least make a little fun of them? The cheese is the only thing in the recipe that makes it non-vegan so you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to work out to make it vegan…”
|Serving size : 1 Mushroom|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Skill Level: Beginner (easy for those low on protein)
Servings: 1 or 2 – can be an accompaniment or a meal
- 100g Sweet Potato
- 100g Red Onion (roughly 1 medium sized one)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 100g Red Capsicum
- 40g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 16 Bocconcini Balls (roughly 85g)
- 50g of green leaves – lettuce/baby spinach/rocket – go wild
- 2 Dirty Big Mushrooms
- Chilli Powder, Paprika, Salt & Pepper to taste
So if you look at the picture for this one I’m pretty sure most people can work out the required steps, but here you are anyway..
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Dice the sweet potato, capsicum, red onion, green leaves and garlic.
- Heat a small frying pan, first add the garlic and whatever spices you like, then throw all the diced veg into it for 5 minutes to soften.
- Tear the bocconcini balls in half and add to the mix (turn the heat off now).
- Take the stems out of the mushrooms and put them upside down in an oven tray.
- Spoon the vege/cheese mix evenly into the 2 mushrooms.
- Bake them for 10 minutes, then add the cheddar cheese to each one for the last 5 minutes to melt.