“So basically, you’ve just finished footy training, you’re fucked, and can’t be bothered doing anything, least of all cooking. You procrastinate about going to the pub with everyone else for a parmy but that little voice is like ‘if you want to play A Grade you need to keep losing weight’..I give you, the Quick & Easy.”
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: Under 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins (the veg not the steak)
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 220g Scotch Fillet Steak
- 1 Potato
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 50g (a handful) of green leaves – lettuce/baby spinach/rocket – go wild
- 1 Field Mushroom (one of those really big ones)
- A literal splash of soy sauce (optional)
- Most importantly, turn the BBQ on so it gets warm or you will get bored, cave, and end up eating junk food (true story).
- Slice the potato into discs.
- Chuck something slippery on the hot plate – butter/oil/beer etc (probably not beer).
- Put the potato on the hot plate and let it start to cook, then go find your other veg.
- Chop the red onion and mushroom up roughly however you like, and throw that on the BBQ with the potato.
- In my opinion there are 2 ways to cook steak; on the rare side of medium rare and; the wrong way.
- Once the potato is half done sear the steak on both sides (on the hot plate) then get that bad boy on the grill side, assuming you have a grill side.
- Cook the steak for about 3 minutes on each side (longer if you want to cook it wrong)
- Once your steak is about 1 minute from done, throw the green leaves into the onion/mushroom mix and put a splash of soy sauce onto it – it will sizzle a bit.
- Turn the gas off, shut the BBQ and go inside to inhale the meal, you earned it!