“So basically, you’ve just finished footy training, you’re fucked, and can’t be bothered doing anything, least of all cooking. You procrastinate about going to the pub with everyone else for a parmy but that little voice is like ‘if you want to play A Grade you need to keep losing weight’..I give you, the Quick & Easy.”
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: Under 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins (the veg not the steak)
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 220g Scotch Fillet Steak
- 1 Potato
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 50g (a handful) of green leaves – lettuce/baby spinach/rocket – go wild
- 1 Field Mushroom (one of those really big ones)
- A literal splash of soy sauce (optional)
- Most importantly, turn the BBQ on so it gets warm or you will get bored, cave, and end up eating junk food (true story).
Slice the potato into discs.
Chuck something slippery on the hot plate – butter/oil/beer etc (probably not beer).
Put the potato on the hot plate and let it start to cook, then go find your other veg.
- Chop the red onion and mushroom up roughly however you like, and throw that on the BBQ with the potato.
In my opinion there are 2 ways to cook steak; on the rare side of medium rare and; the wrong way.
Once the potato is half done sear the steak on both sides (on the hot plate) then get that bad boy on the grill side, assuming you have a grill side.
Cook the steak for about 3 minutes on each side (longer if you want to cook it wrong)
- Once your steak is about 1 minute from done, throw the green leaves into the onion/mushroom mix and put a splash of soy sauce onto it – it will sizzle a bit.
- Turn the gas off, shut the BBQ and go inside to inhale the meal, you earned it!