“Warm apple pie…I mean warm shepard’s pie. If you don’t get the reference you are probably too young for the content displayed on this page. Go get mum to copy this recipe down for you. Another great recipe that is a healthy version on an old favourite with plently left over for lunch the next day.”
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 500 g Premium Beef Mince (or Lamb…whatever)
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 Brown Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 can Crushed Tomatoes (nothing added…alternatively 4-6 tomatoes you crush yourself. Then you know nothing has been added)
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 cup Shredded Chese (Matt’s note: I think she means grated???)
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Seasoning to taste (Salt, Pepper, Chilli etc)
- Chop sweet potato into cubes and boil on the stove until soft (approx. 10 mins). Preheat oven to 180◦C (356◦F).
- While sweet potato is boiling, dice onion and fry in a fresh pan on medium heat with oil and garlic.
- Cut broccoli and add to pan. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add mince and cook until brown and then add tomatoes.
- Drain sweet potato and mash.
- Add spinach to the mince mix and stir through.
- In medium baking dish (roughly 20x20cm) spoon in mince mixture and top with a layer of sweet potato.
- For extra deliciousness sprinkle with a cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese browns, then serve.