“To be honest I’m not the biggest fan of grilled salmon or fish in general really. Any meal that doesn’t involve red meat usually leaves me at least a little dissapointed however nutrition wise it makes sense to work some fish and lean protein into the diet every once in a while. As grilled salmon recipes go this one is fair tasty with the cayenne pepper giving it a real kick.”
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Skill Level: Beginner
- 2 Salmon Fillets Skin On(approx. 150g each)
- 50g Green Beans
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 tbsp. Full Fat Mayonaise
- 1 tsp. Organic Butter
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- First up you need to make sure the salmon has been de-boned properly. Run you finger along the fillet and if you find a pointy bit that’s probably a bone (or you have one very happy fish on your hands). Use tweezers to remove the bone. In a pinch you can use your teeth however I do not recommend for obvious reasons.
- Now it’s time to season the fish. Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste. I like to go hard on the cayenne.
- Place your potatoes in the microwave for approx. 10 mins. Not as good as a proper roast but a massive time saver.
- Once again I cooked on the BBQ but as always there is no reason you can’t do the next part in a pan. Place the salmon skin side down on a high heat. Let this cook for about 5 mins depending on thickness. I was lazy so I also chucked the green beans on the grill. Didn’t seem worth getting the steamer out and I don’t mind the grilled taste.
- Now you want to turn your salmon and cook for 3-5 mins top side down. As it gets closer towards cooker you might want to balance the sides for a min each to really seal in the love.
- Plate up all your elements and add a tbsp. mayo for the salmon and a smidgen (don’t go crazy now) of butter for the potato.