“Ok I can’t legally guarantee that Yum is in this dish or that he had anything to do with the creation. However this is a pretty tasty dish and I even surprised myself with this one. I’m not a huge fan of pineapple however my wife loves it so I figured it was worth the brownie points. This also works out great for lunches and we have leftovers at work for the next couple days.”
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10-15 mins
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 3 large Chicken Breast (approx. 700g)
- Thai Paste (watch out here. The one i use has about 2g of sugar where the one next to it had 27g…WTF?)
- 6-8 Chery Tomatoes
- 1 Brown Onion
- 6-8 Mushroom
- Handful of Spinach
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Pineapple
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 can Organic Coconut Cream
- 100g Green Beans
- 1 cup Uncooked Rice (I used white but feel free to use whatever you prefer – obviously it will change the nutrition)
- Thai Basil Leaves
- Chilli (optional)
- Cook the rice…you do not want to forget this step. I used a steamer with 1 cup of rice to 2 cups water. If you don’t have a steamer you can boil it I guess. Probably.
- Cut up all the ingredients. I find it easier to cut up the onion, pineapple, beans and mushroom on one board then cut up the chicken on another. Remember: Cut the Chicken last…protect your arse…sure that rhymes.
- Next heat up a pan (med-high heat) and throw the onion in. Let this brown slightly then add the Thai Paste.
- When you can start to smell the thai paste (trust me you’ll smell it) add the chicken and cook the edges until no pink is showing.
- Now add the Coconut Cream and reduce the heat to a simmer. Now add in beans, onion, pineapple, mushroom and tomatoes. Let this simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic, thai basil, a handful of spinach, squeeze in lime juice and add extra chilli f you desire.
- Serve over a bed of rice and save the rest for lunches throughout the week.