“Food prep is a really boring exercise whilst you are doing it, but once its all finished you can reward yourself with 6-8 beers. As long as you do it on the weekend the calories don’t even count (not guaranteed).”
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Skill Level: Beginner
- 1kg Chicken Mince
- 1/2 cup Diced Shallot Onion
- 3 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Dried Coriander
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Chilli Powder
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger
- 3 tsp. Fish Sauce
- 1.5 cups Brown Rice
- 1 tin (270ml) Coconut Cream
- 300g Trimmed Green Beans (if you buy 400g you’ll have a couple left over)
- OK so these are pretty simple but there is a bit going on, I recommend you don’t start drinking just yet.
- Put all of the ingredients into a big mixing bowl and…mix them.
- Once everything is combined you can make the meatballs. I use scales and make them 50g each – 4 meatballs per container and bing bang boom.
- Put the meatballs into a lightly greased oven tray, cover with foil and bake them for about 40 minutes at 190°C (20 minutes with the foil on, 20 off).
- While these are cooking you can get the rice under way. Pour the coconut cream, 3 cups of water and the rice into a saucepan and boil (alternatively use a rice cooker, heaps easier).
- Cut up the beans, if you aren’t going to freeze them then you’ll need to par boil the beans (they will only need a couple of minutes).
- Once the meatballs are cooked you can divide up the meals into plastic containers. 4 meatballs, 115g rice and 60g beans.
- I then freeze them all, give them 5 minutes in the microwave from frozen and voila! Lunch for a week!