“Ol’ mate Pablo doesn’t need much much of an excuse to pack up and go fishing however as excuses go this one isn’t half bad. To be honest I don’t know what this has to do with rainbows???. Isn’t that a childrens book? I’ll forgive him though because a) the recipe is awesome and b) I want him to give me some squid.”
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 8 Squid
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- Chilli Flakes
- Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion
- 8-10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 4 Beetroots
- 100g Feta
- In a saucepan mix 2 cups of quinoa with 4 cups of water (when cooking quinoa I don’t measure exactly but I use a 1:2 ratio).
- While the quinoa is bubbling away (will take 10-15 mins) cut up items for salad: thinly slice a red onion, cut a handful of cherry tomatoes, cut or slice 4 small beetroots and slice one avocado.
- Once the liquid is gone from your quinoa and it starts to form air holes then it is cooked. Leave it to rest for 5 mins and then spoon onto your plates.
- Add salad toppings onto quinoa and sprinkle with feta.
- Cut up squid and add to a mixing bowl with 2 tbsp. of olive oil and 3 crushed garlic cloves. Add sprinkle of chilli flakes (amount to your liking). Mix.
- Put squid into a hot fry pan and continuously toss. Only takes 1-2 mins and it’s cooked.
- Add on top and you are done.