“Schnitzel is pretty close to my favourite food and when I’m trying to eat clean, eating grilled meat over and over can get real boring, real quick. This is a super simple recipe that tastes amazing. You can cook it in a pan, on the BBQ or even in the oven if you can be bothered mucking around (my missus pointed out I swear a lot so this is my polite way of saying fucking).”
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cook Time: 5-10 mins
Skill Level: Beginner
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 Egg
- Quinoa Flakes
- Olive Oil
Basic Bitch Salad
I’m not going to make you click multiple links to where we have the BB salad posted but in case you haven’t figured this out the BB salad can in fact be made on it’s own and is posted in our accompaniments section.
- Spanish Onion
- Cut up the chicken breast into thin strips, crack the egg into a bowl (whisk quickly – with a fork is fine) and spread some quinoa flakes onto a flat surface.
- Dip the chicken strips into the egg and then roll in the quinoa flakes. Boom you have a schnitzel, my friend.
- Heat a pan with a little olive oil and cook for approximately 3 mins each side.
- Alternatively cook for 1 min each side and then finish in the oven. About 5-10 minutes at 180◦C (356◦F) should do the trick but to be honest I usually cook in the pan or on the BBQ. Not worth the effort mucking about with the oven unless you are cooking in high quantities.
Basic Bitch Salad
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. This is one of those situations where if you need information you have bigger problems than what to eat tonight.
- Add 2 eggs and cook for 4-5 mins for hard boiled. I like to lower in with a spoon so I don’t splash boiling water over myself.
- Next cut up 1 tomato, 1/2 a spanish onion (or a whole because who has half an onion lying around), and half a cucumber (I did actually have half a cucumber). Chuck into a bowl and add couple handfuls of spinach and a handful of olives.
- Once the eggs have boiled peel the shell, slice and add to the mix. If you are prepared you can put the eggs in the fridge for 5-10 mins so you don’t burn your fingers.
- Add crumbled feta and you are done.