“After 3 long months of no gas for the BBQ I finally went to the servo and restocked. The result…I got so excited I cooked the beans on the BBQ too. I wasn’t too sure how that was going to turn out but I couldn’t really be bothered mucking about with and possibly breaking the steamer. Verdict = actually not too bad, mate. “
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 5-10 mins (for the BBQ to heat up mainly)
Cook Time: 10-15 mins
Skill Level: Beginner
- 400 g Porterhouse Steak
- Handful of Green Beans
- 1 Potato
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
- Turn the BBQ (grill side) on full and let the heat crank. The only way to cook a steam is hot as possible.
- While that is warming up place a pricked potato in the microwave and set the timer for 8 mins. Don’t hit start yet or you are gonna have a cold potato on your hands.
- Next prepare your meat. For me I add a little balsamic vinegar and some pepper.
- Once BBQ is heated add the beans on the grill. I lost a few through the gaps but it kept things exciting. Cook for 5 mins and then place in the warming tray.
- Next run inside and hit start on the microwave.
- Now it’s meat time. Place your steak on the hottest part of the grill plate. Every BBQ has a hot part and if you don’t know where it is lift your BBQ game, Son.
- Cook steak for approx. 3 mins each side for medium-rare.
- Collect your meat/beans and turn everything off on the BBQ.
- By now the potato should be cooked so add to the plate with a spoon of sour cream and grated cheese.