“If you think this is going to taste like normal pasta then I have some bad news for you my friend. This is a tasty dish but you cannot have your carbs and not eat them too…or something like that. Recipe works with wholemeal pasta substitute but obviously, that kicks up the carbs.”
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cook Time: 10-15 mins
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 1 kg Kangaroo Mince
- 2 Brown Onions
- 1 Capsicum (I used red but i’m accepting like that)
- 8 Mushrooms
- 6 Zucchinis
- Couple handfuls of Spinach
- Tomato Paste
- Organic Butter
- Soy Sauce
- Italian Herbs (you know like Basil and what not)
- Alright this one is going to involve 2 frying pans. If you don’t think you can handle that I suggest you give up right now. Go make a sandwich and dwell on your inadequacy for a bit.
- Cut up your zucchini into strips and place into one frying pan with 1/2 tbsp. butter. Don’t turn the heat on yet…the zucchini takes 6-8 minutes so try to time it. They have these fancy machines you can buy that spiral the zucchini but i broke mine.
- In the other pan add diced onion and capsicum with 1/2 tbsp. butter. Cook until soft.
- While that is cooking cut up mushrooms, chilli and garlic.
- Add kangaroo mince and mushrooms to the mix. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- If you haven’t turned the zucchini pan on yet 1. Your timing is shit…2 do it now.
- Add 3-4 tbsp. tomato paste, spinach, olives, garlic (2-3 cloves), chilli, herbs and 1 tbsp. soy sauce to the mix and stir. Let this cook for a couple minutes.
- Add zucchini and sauce in a bowl (or plate whatever) and add some crushed feta.