“If I had to eat 1 thing every day for the rest of my life, it would be Spaghetti Bolognese. This would rank a close 2nd though. This is essentially your traditional meat and 3 veg but with a twist…there are only 2 vegetables and it sounds funnier.”
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5-7 mins (if you eat steak right)
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 250g Porterhouse Steak
- 150g Sweet Potato
- 80g Broccolini
- Put a saucepan of water on the boil and turn the BBQ on so it gets warm.
- Slice the sweet potato into whatever shape/size you like. I do discs.
- Lubricate the BBQ hotplate with something, olive oil works a treat.
- Put the sweet potato on the hot plate and let it start to cook, then go find your steak.
- In my opinion there are 2 ways to cook steak; on the rare side of medium rare and; the wrong way.
- Once the sweet potato is half done sear the steak on both sides (on the hot plate) then get that bad boy on the grill side, assuming you have a grill side.
- While all this is happening pop inside and cook your broccolini. I use a colander and just put the lid over it because I don’t have a steamer…you can also just put it in the boiling water.
- QUICK get back outside, the steak and sweet potato need to be turned.
- Cook the steak for about 3 minutes on each side (longer if you want to cook it wrong)