“This is remarkably similar to salads that you will likely pay $27 dollars for in the latest hipster cafe, except this cost about $14 dollars and will serve 2 people! Being salad you can substitute pretty much any meat..or salad ingredient to be fair. While healthy the feta and avocado do give it quite a high fat content, but they are tasty good fats…trust me, I went to school with a Doctor.”
|Serving size: 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Skill Level: Beginner…It’s salad
Servings: 2 Big ones
- 300g Chicken Breast
- 100g Mixed Salad Greens
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 125g Hungarian Feta
- 1/2 Spainish Onion (I just realised how multicultural this salad is)
- 2 tbsp. Italian Dukkah (we use SpiceGirlz dukkah because its tasty and James gets a family discount)
- Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
Methode – (It’s French for Method)
- If you haven’t cooked your meat yet now is a good time. For chicken i cut into strips and fry 2-3 mins each side.
- Cut the tomatoes up however you like..or leave them whole but I’d chop em. Put it in a bowl with the diced onion and crumble the feta into the mix, let them all get well acquainted.
- Prep the avocado. There are probably a million ways to do this but heres how I do it – with a sharp knife cut around the stone long ways, from top to bottom. Twist the 2 halves opposite ways and separate. Take the side with the stone in it and karate chop it with the knife..not too hard, just enough that it digs in a bit. Twist the knife and voilà, the stone is out. Now just slide your thumb in between the skin and flesh and the avocado half should just pop out. Now you can slice it, fan it and make it look fancy.
- Put the salad leaves into the bowl or onto the surface you are serving from, add the tomato/onion/feta combo.
- Fan the avocado over the top and sprinkle the dukkah, then top with chicken and drizzle some balsamic glaze over the whole lot.