“Anyone who has had a traditional Thai Beef Salad knows how awesome these taste. Honestly there is no way I can measure up to the real thing. They do sneak sugar into those bad boys though so for a healthy alternative this is one of my favourite recipes.”
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Skill Level: Beginner
- Thick 300g Porterhouse Steak
- 2 Tomatoes
- Organic Butter
- Fresh Lime
- Fish Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Add 1 tbsp. fish sauce, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, lime juice, 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic and a dab of ginger (i don’t love ginger but use more if you want) in a bowl and mix.
- Take half the mixture and use to marinade the steak. As always the longer you marinade the better but 9/10 times I marinade just before and it still tastes great.
- Dice tomatoes and onion and cook over a medium heat. Use a real little bit of butter to grease the pan if you want.
- Cut up the lettuce, dice half a cucumber and arrange in two bowls.
- Once tomato/onion is almost cooked push to the side of the pan furthest from the heat and add your meat. You want the steak still red in the middle so 4-5 mins on one side and 3 mins on the other does the trick. If you want to overcook your meat you can figure that out for yourself.
- Once everything is cooked let the meat rest for a few minutes and add a handful of sprouts, onion/tomato mix and sliced up fresh chilli.
- Next slice the meat into thin strips and add.
- Finally add crushed feta and peanuts on top. Pour the remainder of your marinade and enjoy.