4/5 +1 bonus point for beer
“Ok boys and girls my Mum made this one so I cleaned up the title more than I normally would. You can probably imagine what my full reaction was when I found out there was beer in these brownies. For a clean eating alternative this one is pretty good…and remember just because it is a ‘clean’ dessert doesn’t mean you’re not a fatty.”
|Serving size : 1 brownie|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
IF YOU EAT DESSERT ALL THE TIME YOU WILL GET AND/OR REMAIN FAT! ORGANIC, CLEAN, MAGIC, WHATEVER DESSERT IS STILL DESSERT. THIS IS A BETTER ALTERNATIVE THAN SMASHING DOWN A TUB OF ICE CREAM BUT THE CLEANEST DESSERT OF ALL IS NO DESSERT. DON’T SAY I DIDN’T WARN YOU, FATTY.
Prep Time: 10-15 mins
Cook Time: 15-20 mins
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 1 cup Organic Gluten Free Flour
- 1/3 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 150 ml Low-Carb Beer of your choice (I know that leaves you with some left in the bottle but quit your bitching…we both know you are gonna drink it).
- Organic Butter
- 100g Darkest Chocolate you can find
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Peanut Butter (Pure crushed nuts – nothing added)
- Full Fat Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 160◦C (325◦F). Alternatively you can do this step later but you’ll be standing there like a dickhead while the oven heats up.
- Mix 1/3 cup raw cacao powder, 1 cup flour and 1/4-1/2 tsp. of stevia in some kind of bowl like structure…a bowl perhaps.
- Over low-medium heat melt dark chocolate, almond butter, 5 tbsp. butter in a frying pan.
- Add melted ingredients to cacao/flour/stevia mix. Pour in the beer, add the eggs and drop in 2 tsp. of vanilla extract. Mix through.
- Add mixture to a brownie tin (approx. 20cmx20cm). You might want to add some baking paper or don’t and keep things interesting.
- Place in the oven for 15-20m mins.
- While all that’s happening mix 1/2 cup peanut butter,1/4-1/2 stevia, 3 tbsp. of butter and a pinch of salt to create the topping.
- Wait for the brownies to cook, cut up and serve. I’m a dipper so i like to add the peanut butter mix and a dollop of cream on the side but you can spread ontop if you wish. Strawberry placement is up to you.