“Never going to taste as good as the real thing, especially since cheese/garlic naan is definitely out if you are eating healthy but still a pretty good alternative. I’ve made versions of this before that are so/so but tonight I threw random things in and it tasted better than ever. If in doubt, fluke it!”
|Serving size : 1|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Brown Onion (I used a Spanish Onion but I’m color blind – Brown would taste better)
- 1 Tomato (2-3 if you don’t want to use tomato paste)
- Couple tbsps. of Tomato Paste
- 6-8 Mushrooms
- Spinach (I forgot the Spinach)
- Rice (I skim read an article once saying there is very little difference between Brown and White rice but go Brown if that’s your thing)
- 1 Can Organic Coconut Cream
- Paprika, Tumeric, Garam Masala, Cumin, Ginger, Garlic (2-3 cloves) & Chilli
- Put your rice in the steamer. I always forget to cook the god damn rice and sit there mucking around at the end while my food goes cold. Don’t be like me.
- Dice tomato, mushroom and onion.
- Heat the pan, add 1 tbsp. of butter and then add diced tomato.
- After a few minutes add the onion and cook on a low heat until soft.
- Cut the chicken into cubes. Size is up to your personal preference. I’m fair lazy so we usually have big cubes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the chicken into the pan and cook until outside is sealed.
- Reduce the heat and add coconut cream. Bring the mixture to a low simmer.
- Add spinach, 1 tbsp. of butter and spices to taste. If you need help with that ask ya mum (or just use 1-2 tbsps. of each).
- If you forgot to get enough tomatoes like i did now would be a good time to add the tomato paste.
- Simmer for 5-10mins stirring occasionally.
- Serve. I normally have enough left over for a couple lunches for me and the missus.