“I don’t care how what kind of wall you build, nothing is stopping me from making these Chicken Enchiladas again. Gave my recipe to James…of course he ignored it and did what he felt like but damn did it taste good in the end. Lucky for you I was supervising and I captured the recipe below.”
|Serving size : 1 enchilada|
|Fat - total|
|*Guide Only - values will change if recipe is changed|
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Skill Level: Intermediate
Servings: Makes 6 but odds are you’ll smash down 2 each
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Brown Onion
- 1 Medium Capsicum
- 6-8 Mushrooms
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- Sour Cream (Avoid fat-free it’s full of Sugar)
- 6 Wraps (Check out our article ‘How Do I Pick A God Damn Healthy Wrap?‘)
- Cheese (I used Mozzarella)
- Organic Butter
- Herbs & Spices (James can’t remember what he used but pretty sure it was Basil, Oregano and Chilli Powder)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180◦C (356◦F).
- Place 1 tbsp. of butter to a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Slice up onion, capsicum and mushroom and add to frying pan. Peel 1-2 cloves of garlic and add (I use a garlic crusher but by all means fuck around cutting it up if you want). Cook for 5-10 mins.
- Once cooked remove from pan and wrap in aluminium foil.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips and cook in the frying pan (you may need to add a lil more butter if it’s sticky). Usually takes 2-3 mins per side.
- On a clean chopping board (food poisoning is a mofo) dice the tomatoes, cut up the avocado and grate the cheese.
- Place chicken, onion, capsicum and mushroom in a wrap. Add herbs & spices and place in an oven tray. Repeat for remaining wraps.
- Sprinkle cheese and dices tomato on top of wraps (I thought putting the tomato on the outside was weird too but trust me).
- Place in the oven for 5-10 mins.
- Serve with a spoon of sour cream and avocado.